AI/ML - Sr Engineering Project Manager - Siri Data Infrastructure
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Dec 18, 2020
Role Number: 200212819
Are you someone with a proven track record of managing projects maintaining complex and highly leveraged data cloud infrastructure products? If so, apply today! As a member of the Siri Data Products & Platforms EPM group, you will be responsible for improving and enhancing the quality of Siri features for hundreds of millions of users around the world, coming up with creative solutions for scaling quality assurance for a multi-platform, global, and rapidly growing product. You will work with Siri's Data Infrastructure organization to help deliver on our vision to build a world-class infrastructure while aligning with the privacy & security requirements of Apple. Join us, and impact hundreds of millions of customers across a plethora of Apple of devices! We develop scalable, reliable, and privacy-first enterprise data infrastructure services, for the ultimate goal of empowering all data users at Siri to measure and improve Siri. We're looking for an experienced hands-on project manager to coordinate teams of talented and creative backend engineers to help us deliver on that mission.
- 4+ years project management, engineering management, and/or QA/QC engineering management experience for software development quality in a fast-moving, incredibly complex service.
- Technical project management or engineering ownership of cloud & data infrastructure used by external engineering and data science teams
- Technical understanding of different components of a modern big data infrastructure is a must-have, such as Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes, Flink, Hadoop ecosystem, and etc.
- Career examples of hands-on involvement of delivering data infrastructure products and tools that are used by engineering teams to improve customer experience.
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and presenting data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations and drive actions.
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly triage, prioritize, and lead under pressure.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Prior data analysis experience (SQL, Python/Jupyter Notebooks, Tableau, Superset, Strong Pivot-Table-Fu)
- Help manage the Siri's Privacy-first Data Infrastructure program, streamlining processes, crafting frameworks that scale across different teams, and supporting safe and continuous/agile development and release. - Own all aspects of project planning for Data Infrastructure's projects for building a scalable, reliable, and hybrid cloud infrastructure, partnering closely with our engineering managers, product managers, and engineers to gather requirements, scope effort, manage resource allocation and prioritization frameworks and schedule of deliverables. - Facilitate communication cross-functionally with other teams both inside and outside of the Data Infrastructure organization, ensuring that requirements are well understood, and that priorities and delivery schedules expectations are managed. - Build and run processes that allow for the maximum agility and adaptation across Data Infrastructure teams while measuring and maintaining the highest possible product quality. - Build relationships across the Siri organization, educating teams on the right way to ship the finest software possible; facilitate communication between cross-divisional groups around Apple.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent in statistics, computer science, economics (with strong data analysis focus)
- Bonus if you have prior developer experience working in Hadoop or/and with AWS using products such as S3, EC2, EKS, IAM, RDS, and etc.