Senior AR/VR Software Engineer
Culver City , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 18, 2020
Role Number: 200213021
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for an AR/VR Software Development Engineer to help us push the limits on the next generation of interactive experiences on our platform. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) offered in ARKit and Metal 2. As a member of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day.
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience with the following:
- Programming skills and knowledge of C++
- Proficient in mathematics for 3D games (linear algebra)
- Proficient in at least one of the major graphics APIs (Metal, OpenGL, DirectX, Consoles, etc)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Apple makes the newest technologies accessible to create amazing user experiences. You will have the opportunity to work in a team developing system level frameworks enabling these experiences, in close collaboration with creative teams across Apple and TDG. The candidate for this role will be comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment. Engineers are expected to work quickly and smartly to help determine the viability of ideas and technologies. You will need a keen understanding of 3D engines, GPUs and lower level programming and an ambition to improve, innovate and explore these technologies to enable creatives to surprise and delight our users.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
- - iOS CPU/GPU architecture
- - Experience writing optimized code using e.g. profiling tools, assembly, SIMD, compute, etc
- - Familiarity with macOS and Unix
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace