Location: 6319-Virginia Hauling
We are looking for a safety conscious Diesel Mechanic to join the team at American Disposal in Manassas, VA.
As a key member of our automotive maintenance technicians team, your work as a Diesel Mechanic will focus on the overall maintenance of equipment used by our company in the transportation and handling of vehicles. This will involve inspecting, diagnosing, and repairing electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
What We Offer â"Â
Good pay, family benefits, 401(k), vacation, and a great management team. Â
Garbage is very stable and we work year round.
- Performs repairs (including electrical and hydraulic systems) and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.Â
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairingÂ vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.Â
- Reviews and completes repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.Â
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.Â
- Valid driverâs license required. Valid Class B commercial driver's license with air brakes endorsement is a plus!
- Minimum 1 year of proven experience in the field preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment, future, and random drug screening tests.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Ability to work an average of 50-55 hours a week
- Schedule flexibility to work 2nd shift (2PM-12:30AM) Monday-Friday.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Strenuous physical work, to include heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling
- Ability to adapt to a wide variety of environments to complete work assignments
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to maintain and supply own personal tools needed to perform essential duties
- Welding/fabrication experience, a major plus
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, short term & long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)Â