Sodexo, world leader in quality of life services, has a new opening for an Accounting Analyst in the Contract Compliance department at our Finance Service Center in Cheektowaga, NY.
The Accounting Analyst position (Mastery level) provides reconciliation and analysis support to staff of client level accounts to ensure they are in compliance with client contract agreements and accounting standards and reduce exposure risk. The position also provides customer service to external and internal customers, supports Finance and the financial close process.
Key functions of this position:
- Maintain standards for IFRS
- Coordinate external audit requests
- Coordinate and control team workload and priorities.
- Train on contract interpretation, accounting procedures, and systems.
- Provide guidance to team and field customers in decision making.
- Analyze systems and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Prepare variance analysis, trending and reporting.
- Assess staff development, develop plans and implement.
- Lead and support Segment and Companywide initiatives
Has working knowledge and experience in own discipline. Assists in the maintenance of accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization's assets. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports. Continues to build knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Performs a range of mainly straightforward assignments. Uses prescribed guidelines or policies to analyze and resolve problems. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.