As chefs, we have the power to influence lives through the power of food.
Sodexo has an outstanding opportunity for a hands-on Executive Chef at North Suburban Medical Center, located in Thornton, CO. NSMC is an 150-bed acute care hospital where the Food and Nutrition team manages patient and retail dining.
The Executive Chef will primarily work with the kitchen team to ensure quality and consistency to menu options to patient care and retail operations. This position will train and monitor performance, be able to collaboratively build a team and support a changing retail environment. In this role, you will work alongside your team and cook on occasion. The schedule for this position will be Sunday to Thursday and may vary based on business needs.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Manage the food production process including production planning and controls for At Your Request (on-demand program) patient services and retail.
- Develop and maintain excellent client and customer relationships with a front of the house presence;
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality and presentation;
- Manage food costing, _budget _controls and compliance;
- Ensure food sanitation compliance;
- Develop menus and manage ordering and inventory;
- Have high expectations for customer service;
- Have the ability to develop and train_ frontline staff;
- Provide a safe work environment;
- Knowledge of Sodexo Systems is preferred, but not required.
The ideal candidate will have:
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.