Embedded Controls Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 19, 2020
Role Number: 200213134
At Apple ISG (Intelligent Systems Group) we develop groundbreaking devices with complex software, sensors and hardware. You will play a key role in crafting and developing the software for those devices, and your mentorship from a software perspective will be important to the systems design overall. You should be an authority in developing complex software for iOS and other platforms, from sophisticated algorithms processing sensor data to user interfaces. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Outstanding proficiency in C on resource-constrained embedded platforms
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Working knowledge of standard hardware protocols (e.g. I2C, SPI, UART)
- Experience with networking, concurrency, and distributed systems
- Proficiency reading hardware specifications and schematics
- Knowledge of operating systems concepts.
- Proficiency debugging embedded software systems: familiarity with JTAG, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Experience in motor controls and robotic actuators is beneficial
- Experience with iOS, objective-C or swift is desirable.
- Experience with model-driven architecture and formal verification is desirable
The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years of real time embedded software development experience (design and implementation)
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.