Monday, December 14, 2020
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than
260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies
, WordStream, and
and U.K. media company Newsquest.
There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit
Gannett Publishing Services
A Journeyperson Mechanic works with supervisors and pressmen, to ensure that all machinery is in proper working order.
- Responsible for powering up and powering down machines as needed.
- Initiates inserting production by way of OMNICOM machine controls.
- Handles routine preventive maintenance and cleaning of machinery such asblow out stackers and strappers prior to a production run.
- Addresses all problems regarding equipment maintenance and operational performance via Press Reports, Daily Machine Log.
- Understands proper set-up and Preventative Maintenance procedures and time given to perform such tasks.
- Ability to adjust hoppers during production to maximize performance.
- Maintain constant throughput speeds and achieve daily production goals.
- Submits proper documentation for any needed repairs via Machine Repair Tags.
- Inspect bundle labels and count at the start of each run and verify against the Burt reports.
- Effectively Works with Technical Services and Engineering Department personnel to resolve any maintenance problems.
- Makes certain that all operating reports are complete and turned into a supervisor.
- Regular and Timely Attendance required.
During the production run when there is idle time:
- Assist in maintaining bad copies on the Reject/repair station.
- Make up sample hand-shove copies.
- Make-up small packets
- Assist others on active hoppers by helping set-up, stage and insert as needed.
- Assist others by pulling in pallets as needed.
- Stack down bundles
- Maintain Operating levels of Pallet loader magazines
- Performs other journey mailer and related mailer/mechanic duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent desired.
Gannett Co., Inc.
is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.