Monday, December 14, 2020
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than
260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies
, WordStream, and
and U.K. media company Newsquest.
There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit
Gannett Publishing Services
The Press Operator position is responsible for running a Goss Color liner press. Duties including, setting black and colored ink, registration, maintenance, change rollers/blankets, feed web through press units, operate folder control pages/web alignments, loading and making pasters, and preparing production reports.
- Operating machinery in the press department including reel stands, press units, folder, plateroom equipment, clamp truck, and press control
- Performing work to provide high quality products
- Verify press layouts for reel stand setup
- Load reel stands with proper newsprint requirements
- Make proper paster patterns for various newsprint widths
- Thread paper through press (requires climbing, balancing, stooping and reaching)
- Fill out production paperwork
- Spot plates for various press layouts
- Clean plate cylinder and install press plates in proper positions
- Inspect papers visually during press runs for correct color registration
- Monitor and maintain proper ink and water balance during press runs.
- Install and adjust blankets and rollers as needed
- Monitor printed products for proper folder cutoffs and margin controls
- Perform all ongoing maintenance activities: grease folder, form rollers, press drives, and
- RTP's top off oil levels in units, folder gearbox, slitter drives and motor gear boxes
- Insure quality on time products are produced daily
- Meet all deadlines and goals as set forth by the manager press foreman and supervisor/PIC
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
Gannett Co., Inc.
is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.