Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking an Office Manager 1 at Vidant Medical Center, a 909-bed teaching medical center, the flagship facility and the heart of Vidant Health System. Vidant Medical Center is the third largest Level I Trauma Center in the nation, and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. _This position supports this progressive organization by providing support for our Environmental Services leadership team, while they delivery safe, sanitary and innovative services to our patients, customers, and hospital employees in a variety of settings. T_his position functions alongside a team of Environmental Service Managers and reports to the General Manager.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Exhibit Sodexo’s “CARES” behaviors (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service)
- Be fuent in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, & Powerpoint) and Sharepoint
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Have excellent organization, communication and project management skills
- Exhibit the ability to manage multiple priorities and demonstrate flexibility
- Have clerical, filing and office management _experience
- Have project management experience
- Exhibit drive and dependability
- Have experience delivering excellent Customer Service and workplace professionalism
- Have the ability to commuicate with key stakeholders, meet established deadlines, and document results.
Responsibilities can encompass organizational and administrative functions as well as project oriented activities to support the leadership team. This position will often be involved in confidential matters. _Preferred candidates will have office management experience, preferably in Environmental Services, Housekeeping and/or Custodial Services, and excellent customer service skills.
What is it like to live in Greenville, NC?
Greenville is the cultural, educational, economic, and medical hub of Eastern North Carolina. Greenville has grown into the 10th largest city in the state and is now a thriving, small metropolitan city of more than 90,000 in the heart of Pitt County with a population of nearly 175,000 residents. Greenville is a growing university-medical community, home to East Carolina University and a strong industrial community. Greenville is also an accommodating event and leisure destination with an expanding Greenville Convention Center Campus, and a vibrant Uptown Greenville District with its own diverse art, music, food, and festival scene featuring an increasing number of unique, locally-owned businesses, galleries, shops, and restaurants.
Plays a lead role in the management of office services, supplies/inventory, facility management, and space issues for a small to medium sized office property. Leads the maintenance and alteration of work areas and office equipment. May provide administrative support to a department or group of professionals. May supervise less than two FTE employees.