Project Manager/Associate Director, Leadership Development
The Leadership Academy is a nationally-recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a clear mission: We build the capacity of educational leaders, at every level of the system, to confront inequities and create the conditions necessary for all students to thrive. We support school and district leaders in using an equity lens to implement a vision, build strong school and district culture, set clear and high expectations, and develop and lead principals and teachers who ensure high-quality instruction and the opportunity for all students to be successful. For us, equity means that children and adults should receive what they each need to achieve their potential, and their race, culture and other characteristics of their identity should not prevent access to opportunities and resources.
Our leadership development, coaching, and support build the capacity of individuals and systems, helping prevent leader turnover and create a bench of strong leaders. Since 2003, The Leadership Academy has worked with thousands of leaders in more than 200 school systems across 36 states, Washington, D.C., and two countries.
The Associate Director of Leadership Development supports the design and implementation of professional learning and capacity building for client districts and partners. They ensure quality for multiple projects and can serve in a variety of project team roles including designer and project manager. They thrive in a collaborative work environment, possess a strong commitment to educational equity and professional growth and are ready, willing and able to engage in dialogue about race to raise organizational awareness and support the building of an equitable culture internally and externally.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Client & Team Management
• Supports client interactions, assesses client needs and recommends revisions as needed to scope of work and budgets.
• Sets workflow and work plans, and helps ensure deliverables are met.
• Contributes to the development of org-wide systems and processes to ensure on-budget, on-time, high quality, well-documented delivery of projects.
Facilitation & Design
• Participates on teams to design programs, curriculum, tools and other resources that meet the client needs and all Academy standards for quality curriculum design and delivery.
• Has a deep understanding of project scope, content, and desired outcomes and creates and maintains coherence for project team.
• Possesses the will to contribute to learning about racial bias and other forms of bias.
• Engages in feedback cycles – gives, receives, and operationalizes feedback on process, design and facilitation
• Leads scheduling, logistics, and general communication for project team. Maintains ongoing knowledge of project status and updates appropriate stakeholders as required. Tracks and reports progress against project plans and deliverables, highlighting emerging challenges and opportunities.
• Monitors project expenses and staff time, reporting budget variances in a timely fashion to all appropriate parties.
• Documents curriculum, agendas and activities. Creates, edits and disseminates electronic and print materials for project team meetings and sessions.
• Integrates key organizational functions as aligned to the project workplan (i.e. business development, marketing, operations, research, and evaluation).