Would you like to be part of the team that helps secure forever families for children in foster care? We provide services grounded in the belief that the best place for children to grow up is in a family and the most effective way to ensure children's safety, permanency and well-being is to provide services that engage, involve, strengthen and support families. As the bilingual Permanency Specialist, you will provide services and support for families with children under the age of 18 who have the goal of finalizing an adoption or guardianship through DCFS.
Permanency Specialist responsibilities include:
- Provide in-home services and assessment to children and families awaiting adoption or guardianship.
- Assist families with paperwork required to complete the adoption/guardianship process.
Utilize interviews and file records to generate detailed, comprehensive reports regarding the needs, strengths, and best interests of the children/family.
- Assess needs of children and families and plan services.
- Link children and families with community resources.
- Work collaboratively with Foster Care team to coordinate permanency efforts.
- Master's Degree in a social service related field required plus one year post-graduate experience working with children and families OR Bachelor's Degree in a social service related field plus at least three years post-graduate experience working with children and families.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Child Welfare license and CERAP certification or ability to obtain licensure and certification within 90 days of employment required.
- A valid driver's license, auto insurance, and reliable transportation required.
Children's Home & Aid offers a very generous benefits packet to our professionals:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medical Coverage: Traditional PPO, or PPO w/health savings contributions.
- Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- 11 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Flexible Spending
- Opportunities for Student Loan Forgiveness
- 401K Plan
- Training and Professional Development Plan
- E- Learning
- Employee Assistance Plan