Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
As part of the Advanced Technology Organization, works in close collaboration with Rockwell Automation senior leadership, business units, resource groups, and peer researchers to identify, evaluate, and demonstrate use of advanced software technologies for industrial operational and information applications. Performs front-end technology assessments. Leads development of technology roadmaps coordinating with marketing, business development, business leadership and other functions as necessary. Performs prototyping and demonstrations to support technology transition. Actively collaborates with business and resource technologists as subject matter expert (SME) to support new product development and advantageous enhancements to existing products.
- Develop whitepapers and presentation materials describing how technologies could/will impact Rockwell Automation businesses.
- Identify and document intellectual property.
- Perform literature reviews, prototyping, experimentation, demonstration and documentation as needed to support assigned work.
- Represent Rockwell Automation's Advanced Technology laboratory on appropriate internal and external committees and boards. Efforts likely include national and international standards committee work.
- Perform technology assessments in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify, investigate, develop, and apply emerging software technologies and related standards that could impact Rockwell Automation businesses.
- Become internal SME to internal product development, engineering and sales teams
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- 5 years of experience. Master's degree counts for 2 years of experience. Doctorate counts for 5 years of experience.
- Advanced degree. Doctorate preferred.
- Experience in a Research and Development (R&D) and/or Technology Development environment
- Demonstrated project management skills/PMP.
- Ability to lead others through influence.
- Experience in front-end technology development and product opportunity identification.
- Demonstrated ability for abstract thought.
- High emotional intelligence / Demonstrated focus on relationships and collaboration.
- Early stage technology development and transfer experience.
- Demonstrated expertise with various computer programming languages, paradigms and techniques (e.g., Python, C, C++, C#, TypeScript, Java, etc.).
- Familiarity with computer networking fundamentals and associated standards.
- Understanding the implementation of dependable and fault-tolerant applications including concepts related to reliability, availability, maintainability, etc. Including the application of containerization and orchestration techniques in various applications including edge and cloud.
- Knowledgeable on the implementation of various applications including decision support systems (databases), spatial-temporal systems (location, sensor networks, data streaming), process control and data mining.
- Experience with software-defined networking as it supports cloud-native solutions.
- Experience working with cloud-native technology stacks, including use of containers, orchestration, and continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD devops).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).