Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
The position will collaborate to establish the operational delivery of the foundational technology services that provides a consistent, cost effective, efficient experience to a variety of business use cases by providing operational leadership and proactively ensuring the reliable operations of the overall IT environment. This position will be responsible for driving modern practices like agile and DevOps to deliver operational services that encompass project oversight, risk management mitigation, data privacy, and security that align with Rockwell Automation business objectives and priorities. You will need a strong ability to mentor individuals and teams to think differently about how to approach problem solving and the delivery of operational services and products.
- In this position, you will place strong value on simplicity and be unafraid to challenge technical constraints and procedures that utilizes an agile delivery model.
- In this position, you will work closely with all team members to create a modular, scalable processes that addresses/incorporates modern operational practices.
- In partnership with technical leaders, the position will drive the team's operational practices in test driven development, continuous integration, and automated deployment.
- In this position, you will lead and actively coach the team to solve complex problems and remove roadblocks to ensure team success.
- In this position, you will oversee the implementation of the recommended technical practices that supports operational best practices on modernized platforms that leverage cloud-based services which comply with Rockwell Automation security and privacy policies.
- In this position, you will create a culture of customer focus and high performance to drive innovation through continuous customer engagement that facilitates operational upgrades and enhancements.
- In this position, you must be able to manage large outsourced functions to suppliers like Microsoft, SAP, HCL and Dell. Key Activities
- Leads the evaluation of options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology priorities in highly complex situations.
- Leads the development of domain recommendations - Collaborates to define and leads domain standard
- Leads the evaluation, analysis and development of the domain technology road map and transition architectures
- Defines integrated, complex physical architectures. - Brings forward domain recommendations for review and validation.
- Provides coaching, feedback, technology guidance and mentors staff.
- Leads the training and development of various stake holders including architects and engineers.
- Communicates, champions, and improves the operational architectural processes, its outcome, and ongoing results.
- Identifies new opportunities for innovation, efficiency, and improvement
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor or Masters in CS, MIS, Software Engineering, or equivalent engineering/technical degree.
- Seasoned lead capable of determining key capabilities when leveraging the latest technologies, trends, and experience; incorporating those insights into operational benefits.
- Familiar with Cloud and DevOps delivery environments.
- Experience in agile practices, with specific solution delivery (or similar) experience preferred.
- Understands relationship between the terms of ownership, accountability, and responsibility.
- Experience managing technical priorities within the Backlog.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to distill information from disparate data sources and the capability to effectively communicate the story behind it, as well as recommendations for next steps.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
- Seeks out and embrace relevant perspectives when assessing a situation or making a decision; demonstrates clear understanding of multiple viewpoints.
- Experience managing the overall delivery through an aligned team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).