Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: Austin - Texas
This position is open to locations in the following States: Cary, NC; Austin, TX; Mayfield Heights, OH; San Jose, CA or Milwaukee, WI.
Remote locations will be considered.
Looking for talented individuals to join our collaborative team as we rapidly expand our best-in-class solution capabilities in the Industrial Internet of Things space. Targeting candidates excited to work with new and emerging IIOT, advanced analytic, and augmented reality technologies. Seeking people who have proven capabilities in extracting and unveiling the value behind data, the desire to consult with clients to understand and guide their IIOT journeys, and the willingness to be a collaborative implementer of these solutions. Need to embrace human centric design approaches to provide modern user experiences layered on top of traditional manufacturing environments. This role is for you if you want to be part of a team that empowers our clients by creating innovative digital solutions that unlock productivity, efficiency and flexibility. We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic IIOT Architect with a can-do attitude to join our talented team!
- This role will be part of a team developing and deploying our client's IIOT platforms, analytic and machine learning applications, and augmented reality experiences.
- Our IIOT architects will use the ThingWorx IIOT foundation for our services that will be deployed using standard apps, customized solutions, and extended with additional FactoryTalk InnovationSuite technologies.
- The IIOT Architect role will focus primarily on the core IIOT and machine learning portfolio that includes deployment and expert use of ThingWorx and FactoryTalk Analytics, along with support for the Vuforia suite of augmented reality applications.
- The role will concentrate on data ingestion and processing capabilities of the platforms to remove the constraints that prevent our clients from leveraging their data to realize business insights from their OT systems.
- Typical activities will include supporting proof-of-concept/value projects and leading the design and implementation of performant and scalable platform data architectures.
- Some client travel is expected, but most of the client work will be performed remote from a Rockwell office.
- Assesses client system and data architectures, high-level IT and application strategies, and data management practices to develop overarching project system and data context reference diagrams to support project objectives (current and future state)
- Leads design efforts related to data acquisition, wrangling, ingestion, pipelines and orchestration in support of analytics and machine learning model development
- Quickly learns and articulates the features and benefits of new products and solutions, and can use this information in developing new client opportunities for our business
- Understands IT/OT industry-specific applications, particularly around Information Solutions, Analytics and MES.
- Displays strong teamwork, client service and organizational skills
- Uses open and appropriate means of communication with management, stakeholders and peers on work status, risks, issues and opportunities
- Uses creative and innovative approaches to deliver value to both clients and the company
- Understands and manages business complexity and project interdependencies
- Consistently applies problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking abilities for project success
- Actively pursues personal continuous learning, development of skills and knowledge
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required.
- We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Willing and able to travel and work at client sites.
- Travel can vary on assignment from 0% to 100% but can average 30%.
- PTC ThingWorx, ThingWorx Analytics & Kepware
- Rockwell FactoryTalk Analytics: DataView, DataFlowML, Edge
- Architecting and delivering distributed or SaaS-based analytical solutions
- Big data processing and streaming platforms (Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Apache Flink, Databricks)
- Machine Learning libraries and notebooks (SparkML, TensorFlow, Jupyter)
- Big data stores (Elastic, Cassandra, Hbase, Hive, HDFS).
- Data storage technologies (relational, graph, document, in-memory)o Application software installation, configuration and maintenance - and the discipline to document and track procedures and activities
- Networking, VMWare environments, and operating systems (Windows server, Linux varieties)
- Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and Postgres database platforms
- SQL and database administration
- Data wrangling and ETL concepts
- CI/CD and DevOps
- Agile development methodologies
Human Centered Design
- At least 5-8 years technical consulting experience with project management responsibilities
- Demonstrated industry domain experience in one of Rockwell's core customer segments (Automotive, Mining, Pharma, CPG, etc.)
- Experience with the design and configuration of Rockwell Automation ProductionCentre Application Suites (CPG Suite or PharmaSuite).
- Seeks out new responsibilities and stretch opportunities while demonstrating creativity in identifying better means of accomplishing a job.
- FactoryTalk Historian / OSISoft PI
- Platform management activities including application installation, database operations functions, user management and security integration
- Cloud hosting services and subscription management
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).