Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Role Summary: Are you interested in shaping a highly effective agile organization? Are you excited about the opportunity to influence others? Are you passionate about fostering vital connections that will help to make our company, partners and customers more productive and profitable? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, this is your opportunity to join an innovative and dynamic team. As a member of the Rockwell Automation IT organization, you will join our transformation journey as we seek to improve and push boundaries.
The Full Stack Application Engineer will design, develop, and deliver reliable, scalable platforms to build our key systems and services throughout the company. This role is the face of IT's engineering organization to the company and critical to delivering business recognized value. You will be part of Purchase to Deploy capability to transform Rockwell Ecommerce strategy leveraging SAP Commerce, Salesforce and custom applications and will lead technical development across the capability.
In this role you will:
- Work on a team of engineers, technical leaders, analysts to enable new features for internal and external customers, while keeping our applications secure and stable.
- Prototype, design, build/deliver and steward resilient platforms for a business capability
- Mentor others in technologies, tools, and processes
- Operate in an agile capability team where quality and security are built into daily work and we make time to help others improve their environment as well. -Attack roadblocks and impediments to delivering incremental value
- Serve as the go-to person for triaging system anomalies (bugs, security, performance)
- Aggressively drive out technical debt and build feedbacks into your system. -Shape our future by presenting your own designs to groups across IT and the company while reviewing designs of others
- Develop test strategies, design automation frameworks, and write unit /functional tests to improve coverage and automation metrics
***For a candidate with the right experience, this position could sit virtually at any location in the US
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- 1-3 years experience working in a cloud-first operating model or within a dedicated cloud team
- Bachelor or Masters in CS or equivalent engineering/technical experience. -Expertise working with SaaS, IIOT, and/or Manufacturing environments. Experience within large SaaS platforms such as SAP, MS Dynamics, Salesforce, SAP Commerce Cloud.
- Experience in automated testing, including unit and functional, testing with tooling such as Selenium, Tricentis, Cucumber, or other opensource frameworks.
- Experience in one or more SQL or NoSQL databases technologies including Azure database services such as CosmosDB, MariaDB, and Azure DB migration services
- Some experience instantiating cloud platforms services (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Dabbled with scripting and automation skills. (Python, Perl, Go, Yaml, Jenkins) Understanding of RESTful APIs and integration technologies. Experience with Agile software development and test-driven development. -Demonstrates an informed knowledge of a business area to resolve problems on an ongoing business. Supports several moderately complex business processes in area of Purchase to Deploy. Working knowledge for SAP Commerce platform, e-commerce strategies
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).