Location: Parsippany - New Jersey
Location: Philadelphia - Pennsylvania
The Sr. Field Service Engineer serves as a primary contact for Rockwell Automation's customers. They are focused on improving customer relationships by resolving commercial and technical issues. The Engineer works on a variety of commercial and technical issues both independently and with a team.
- Responsible for effectively providing field services to support the installation, start-up, maintenance and operation of automation control systems, drive systems, manufacturing systems, industrial networks and the individual products which comprise these systems.
- Effectively drives commercial customer interface, project planning, project and site management, development and implementation of preventive and predictive maintenance programs, and provision of expert level service support to resolve complex problems relating to products, technologies and industry processes.
- Requires minimal day-to-day supervision and direction, and frequently works independently to optimize work activities and revenue generation while providing field service support for our customers.
- Demonstrated capability for driving incremental business for both CSM and other business units
- High level of field expertise that people inside and outside of RA seek out for help resolve customer issues.
- Confidently handles escalations that involve interfacing with other products, or group of other products outside of their core area.
- Identifies opportunities for, and leads efforts to re-use engineering pertaining to application solutions or technologies across multiple projects.
- Self performs by interpreting some of the information gathered by the tools and engaging a higher level of expertise as needed.
- Quickly reacts and responds to urgent customer needs, ensuring a timely and quality response. Plans/prepares resources to be able to meet customer demands.
- Identifies areas of inefficiency and develops improvement plans Articulates the value of RA Services & Solutions to RA customers and the sales team to inspire confidence and secure business
- Articulates Rockwell's strategic framework and understand how their role has an impact on the strategic framework.
- Provides services to Rockwell customers through embedded services, call out, and through phone/chat support to consistently meet utilization goal.
- Accessible during off hours, weekends and holidays #LI-MW2
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or related technology driven degree.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required.
- Travel as required to cover assigned region/sub-region.
- We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Travel as required to cover assigned Region/Sub-region and is accessible during off hours, weekends and holidays
- Minimum 5 years of engineering and field experience
- Experience partnering with sales teams and customers
- Experience indirectly managing a team of engineers and technologists
- Financial acumen, ability to execute projects while meeting budgets
- Experience delivering technical presentations to internal and external customers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).