Location: Indianapolis - Indiana
Responsible for optimizing the daily flow of material through receiving, dispositions, repack and processing stations within our Returns operations. Will work in a cooperative effort with Management and 3PL partners in providing the necessary assistance with associates to achieve daily requirements.
Performs product receipt, inspection, and material disposition. Coordinate all movements and training within the Returns area. Maintain inventory and resolve returned materials in a timely manner. Input accurate return information to credit customer account timely. Distribute finished returned materials to the appropriate department for further stocking/processing. Maintain and update work instructions and metrics as required.
- Responsible for analyzing and directing material flow and labor resources throughout Returns area on a daily basis.
- Assure Returns center operations are compliant with Rockwell Automation Policies, carrier requirements and legal standards.
- Coordinate assigned personnel within different functions. Assure that all people receive proper training on the job, with safety procedures, hazardous materials, ISO 9001 requirements, and timely company issues.
- Champion 5-S activities
- Daily responsibility for communications with internal and external customers, i.e. suppliers, customers, other RA locations, truck drivers
- Customer Care
- Responsible for tracking and reporting of appropriate metrics for the Returns area of the DC.
- Responsible for directing daily activities with little to no supervision.
- Assist in other areas on an as needed basis. (inbound, quality, outbound, inventory, etc.)
- Perform special projects as assigned by manager. (ISO coordination, PSR's, customer surveys, audits, etc.)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Responsible for returns center housekeeping standards.
- Responsible for utilizing proper safety equipment and following all safety procedures.
- Must participate in and accomplish yearly objectives for personal and department improvement.
- Participate in ISO training, and all company and department policies and procedures.
- Manage and Control MRB area within the returns center
- Act as role model for associates by demonstrating professionalism in following all procedures and policies.
- Participate in troubleshooting, analyzing, and correcting problems within team and DC.
- Maintain effective communications with all DC teams and management.
- Train and develop new team members and 3PL associates as required
- Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, 1S09001, 1S014000, etc.) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures
- Responsible for daily communications with internal team members.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with other departments, internal and external customers, management, and 3pl partners
- Cross train in functional areas to provide support across all shifts in each area. May involve working various shifts to assure coverage on consistent basis.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct, and trains and motivates employees in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
This position may have limited travel to U.S. and international Rockwell Automation locations or distributors.
- High School degree or GED equivalent.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience.
- Interacts well with the global team members and is a team player.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple disciplines with internal and external resources.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience with computer hardware, PowerBI, Excel, Microsoft Office or comparable software preferable.
- Ability to plan and organize work to effectively perform assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Experience with Manhattan warehouse management system preferred.
- SAP Experience preferred.
- Returns experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- High energy, driven and enthusiastic about opportunities to establish and implement new approaches.
- This position may have limited travel to U.S. and international Rockwell Automation locations or distributors.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).