Location: Twinsburg - Ohio
This position will assist to develop and execute the manufacturing plan to support management objectives on on-time delivery, inventory levels and customer service.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and implement the materials plan supporting the master production schedule in accordance with actual customer demand.
- Apply advanced knowledge of materials, production planning and supply chain management as well as draw upon substantial experience to identify and/or solve highly complex business problems.
- Actively reduce inventory through advanced analytics while maintaining customer service in a complex and dynamic production environment including final and electronic assembly.
- Contribute to the development of strategic plans within the primary functional areas. Implement or assist in the implementation of strategic plans developed for the plants functional areas.
- Pursue long-term corrective actions from suppliers who exhibit quality or delivery problems by partnering with Purchasing and Sourcing.
- Develop goals/targets for all direct reports and regularly provide feedback on progress towards those goals.
- Act as a positive role model by taking proactive role in improving processes through training/teaching/coaching production and inventory control concepts and procedures.
- Possess a solid knowledge of the day-to-day manufacturing operations and be able to translate that into operational plans.
- Demonstrate systemic thinking and thought leadership to solve complex problems in a dynamic manufacturing landscape.
- Support risk management that promotes a continuous process improvement philosophy.
- Possess a solid working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
- Plan and direct the efforts of assigned staff. Provide necessary training and leadership to develop expertise in inventory management.
- Demonstrates awareness of one's capabilities and development needs; seeks opportunities and/or additional job responsibilities to acquire and apply new/broader knowledge and skills; candidly provides constructive feedback when appropriate; shares own experience and expertise with others; accepts feedback openly
- Communicate feedback of corrective action with other departments to support the plan in that area.
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- CPIM, CIRM, CPP, APICS certification or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum 3 year experience within a production/inventory control environment is required.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (SAP) is essential.
- Demonstrated high proficiency of computer skills including working knowledge of Excel, Word, and SAP.
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Effective working independently or in a team environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).