Location: San Jose - California
Location: Denver - Colorado
Location: Phoenix - Arizona
Position can be located in the Southwest or Western USA
The Information Software (IS) Technical Consultant provides pre-sales services to both internal and external customers focusing on the implementation and deployment of IS offerings. The primary focus of the position is to support the IS Sales Team in working with our Customers on their IoT Digital Transformation in the areas of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Augmented Reality (AR).
Reporting to the IS Regional Manager Technical Consultants, in this position you will be providing pre-sales support (Technical and Architectural) to the IS Sales force and ensure an consistent and efficient handover to our delivery organization and by that help drive these engagements to a successful closure.
The role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to interact and influence effectively across all levels of the company. In addition, strong commercial, product/service/solution and application skills are necessary. This position requires moderate to extensive travel primarily within region but could include opportunities in our other global regions.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to RFIs and RFQs
- Work with Rockwell sales representatives on sales strategies, plans and execution
- Present qualitative and quantitative value of the proposed solutions
- Create custom presentations and documents that clearly state customer business problems and Rockwell solutions and benefits
- Communicate with customer IT representatives to understand customer IT infrastructure and policies and to present solutions that fit into customer IT environment
- Provide guidance to customers and implementers on ways to deploy proposed products including alternatives and their costs and benefits
- Work with deployment teams (internal or partners) on deployment strategies and specific proposals as needed
- Prepares technical materials, presentations and tools to improve sales force effectiveness.
- Evaluates products and provides feedback on product features and performance.
- Serves as technical expert for pre-sale customers and internal events.
- Develops product enhancements to be used by various delivery teams in order to either extend existing product functionality and/or to improve development efficiency.
- Serve as RA technical representative to industry associations and standards committees.
- Customer focused attitude.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work.
- Is a self-sufficient knowledge worker.
- Receives guidelines and goals on new assignments and is expected to develop their own plan to achieve these goals.
- Ability to manage an ad-hoc team of individuals in order to meet a project goal.
- Bachelor's degree or (4) years equivalent of relevant experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- A degree in engineering/science is desirable.[SP1]
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering or another technical field or
- Bachelor of Science / Arts in Business or Marketing with technical experience
- Knowledge in one or more manufacturing applications such as:
- Digital Transformation
- Cloud Technology
- Knowledge manufacturing with core tools such as:
- Logic Controllers
- At least 6 years of product experience and application development in:
- Industrial Automation
- Enterprise Software
- At least 2 years of product experience and application development in the IIoT and / or AR sector field
- At least 2 years pre-sales experience.
- In addition, this position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to communicate and work with a variety of people not under direct control in a fast-paced team environment.
- Be able to work effectively and proficiently with the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server (Configuration and Development of SQL code)
- Azure / AWS
- Familiarization with various Microsoft Technologies
- Microsoft Reporting Services
- Power BI
- Programming experience in
- Java, C#, C++
- Web Components
- or equivalent
- Has a Continuous Improvement Attitude
- Maintains their SME status in their Industry
- Stays current and be conversant with the latest relevant technologies and competitive offerings
- Software Industry Experience
- Familiarity with at least one of the following will be beneficial
- Rockwell technologies
- PTC technologies
- Vuforia Family Products (Vuforia Studio, Vuforia Expert Capture, Vuforia Chalk)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).