Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
The R&D Software Product Architect will be a team member of the research and development center responsible for developing innovative software products and solutions for Rockwell Automation. This position is focused on implementing modern communication platform for Rockwell Automation Connected Enterprise using Internet of Things tools and Web methodologies.
In this position you will develop architectures for features and components that constitute Common Communication Platform. R&D Product Architect provides architectural direction across development teams within Rockwell Automation. Development is performed in a distributed team environment utilizing state-of-the-art engineering and software development practices and technology.
The person in this position will work in tight cooperation with product and system architects for other system components. We are looking for a creative and technically skilled candidate who enjoys being part of a dynamic team with a lot of responsibility and the opportunity for personal development.
- Works with product marketing and technology management to define customer requirements as they apply to Common Gateway Platform features and implementations.
- Continue definition work on Gateway architecture that includes multiple communication channels to field devices, data processing and connectivity to multiple data consumers including Cloud, analytic and other appliances
- Writes architecture specifications that apply customer and system requirements to create appropriate solutions for Common Communication Platform that are deployed across products, product groups, and in some cases across vendors
- Provides development teams guidance in selecting product implementation technologies
- Works with product marketing & product engineering of technology adaptor teams to evangelize solutions and gain wide acceptance and consistent implementation.
- Works with software development teams to provide work estimates and status reports as requested. Maintains adequate interaction to ensure assigned tasks are prioritized appropriately.
- Keeps informed of new developments in the software engineering and computer engineering fields and disseminates appropriately through the organization. Identifies and participates in technical and developmental training opportunities.
- Researches, considers, and explores new possibilities utilizing the latest technologies and standards. May function as a technical lead of a small to mid-sized development team.
- Maintains technical expertise in field. Keep current through contacts with educational institutions, professional societies, and technical publications.
- Maintain awareness of applicable new technologies, processes, and competitive trends. Develop and maintain relationships with partner companies.
- Clearly communicates and conveys design concepts, both verbally and written. Also able to learn and understand complex control system concepts.
- Effectively teams with others throughout mutually supportive professional relationships, open and direct communications, honesty and respect. Able to cope with and leverage stylistic differences and differences of opinion.
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- 3-5 years of actual development experience with communication technologies in the area of industrial automation
- Typically requires 8 years of experience in a software product development environment, including 2-3 years of design/architecture experience
- Working knowledge of modern web/mobility technologies, platforms, tools and libraries
- Working knowledge of industrial automation networks, standards and protocols including EtherNet/IP, Factory Talk Live Data, CIP, OPC DA, OPC UA, ModbusApplication expertise in Node.js
- Working knowledge of JS, C++ , C#
- Knowledge of multithreading, concurrent system, real-time systems is a plus
- Working knowledge of cloud computing and Microsoft Azure technology or related system is a plus
- Direct experience with the Industrial Automation industry.
- Experienced in both local and global technical development team environments.
- Previous experience in technical team leadership
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).