Location: Kansas City - Kansas
Location: Omaha - Nebraska
The Senior Field Support Engineer serves as a primary contact for Rockwell Automation's customers. They are focused on improving customer relationships by resolving commercial and technical issues. The Field Support Engineer works on a variety of commercial and technical issues both independently and with a team. The position requires vision, creativity, technical engineering expertise, business acumen and a willingness to travel. May include an assignment as a resident field engineer/representative embedded on-site at a customer's facility.
Other activities of the Senior Field Support Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Provide customer support through the delivery and performance of engineering, migrations, motion applications, on-site installation support, start-up, manufacturing control systems, industrial networks and the individual products that comprise these systems
- Provide the necessary support to diagnose, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems
- Evaluate and approve operational quality of system equipment
- Serve as company liaison to the customer for multiple topics
- Participate in the establishment, measurement, and achievement of customer satisfaction metrics
- Serve in a consultative manner with engineering, operations, and maintenance teams to improve system and machine KPI's and OEE.
- Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting
- Provide leadership for project engineering teams, contract employees, and project support personnel
- Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.)Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details.
- Support an environment conducive to successful team interaction and customer satisfaction
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position
- This position will require the ability to travel based on customer requests #LI-MW2
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid drivers license Legal authorization to work in the US is required.
- We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology field
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Engineering and Design experience with ControlLogix, Kinetix motion control
- PLC programming utilizing RSLogix 5000, 500, 5 software
- HMI application development utilizing RSView ME/SE and RSView32Experience with EtherNet/IP and Stratix Switch configuration
- Experience with PowerFlex AC Drives including start-up and troubleshooting.
- Familiar with ControlNet, DeviceNet
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).