Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
As a Software project engineer will be you will be a team member of the research and development center responsible for developing innovative software products and solutions for Rockwell Automation. This position is focused on implementing Connected Enterprise using modern Internet of Things tools and methodologies.
We are passionate about technology, innovation, and continuous learning. We want you to join our team as a software engineer, not just a programmer. Our software teams understand how important it is to see the larger system picture. They have a working understanding of the full software development lifecycle and how their efforts contribute to the overall success of our products and our customers.
In this position you will design and develop new software products and features, focusing on prototyping new functionality and developing proof-of-concept applications. Development is performed in a team environment utilizing state-of-the-art engineering and software development practices and technology. You will gain vast knowledge of our industrial automation, remote monitoring products and cloud computing technology. We look for a creative and technically skilled candidate who enjoys being part of a dynamic team with a lot of responsibility and the opportunity for personal development.
- Independently gathers and documents requirements of the feature and its components.
- Contributes to architectural design and independently develops system designs that meet the requirements. Provides estimates for the design. Considers tradeoffs between requirements, speed, cost and reliability in the choice of a design approach.
- Develops and documents code, according to the development process, that satisfies the software design. Develops and executes thorough unit test plans. Reports, analyzes, debugs and corrects anomalies. Integrates with other components, solving problems across subsystems and products, to produce a final product.
- Responsibilities may extend to the technical management of the design, testing and integration of other engineers' work in related areas.
- Leads or participates in reviews of documents, designs, code, test cases and user documentation.
- Typically responsible for the ongoing maintenance and integrity of several software subsystems.
- Provides work estimates and status reports as requested. Maintains adequate interaction to ensure assigned tasks are prioritized appropriately.
- Keeps informed of new developments in the software engineering and computer engineering fields and disseminates appropriately through the organization. Identifies and participates in technical and developmental training opportunities.
- Researches, considers, and explores new possibilities utilizing the latest technologies and standards. May function as a go-to person for a technology, software methodology or other area of expertise.
- May function as a technical lead of a small to mid-sized development team. Initiates or contributes to software development capability improvement in the areas of software development practices and development tools.
- Clearly communicates and conveys design concepts, both verbally and written. Also able to learn and understand complex control system concepts. -Effectively teams with others throughout mutually supportive professional relationships, open and direct communications, honesty and respect. Able to cope with and leverage stylistic differences and differences of opinion.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge and utilization of engineering tools necessary for successful performance of the essential functions of this job description
- Typically requires 8 years of experience in a software product development environment.
- Proven experience with Rockwell Automation Common Industrial Protocol (CIP) Proven experience with JS and C++ - Working knowledge of Rockwell Automation Logix platform and Studio 5000 Software
- Working knowledge of modern web/mobility technologies, platforms, tools and libraries
- Working knowledge of C#, Java is a plus
- Knowledge of multithreading, concurrent system, real-time systems, industrial automation and simulation systems is a plus
- Direct experience with the Industrial Automation industry.
- Experienced in both local and global technical development team environments.
- Previous technical team leadership.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).