Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation is doing things never before possible. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive.
We help the world work better and people work smarter and are looking for bright minds to make that happen. The makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That's where you come in.
As the ARR Marketing Program Manager, within Rockwell Automation's Software and Control business unit, you are responsible for the adoption of the software portfolio under Software & Controls operating segment by promoting our story and value around our software offerings (Perpetual w/ Maintenance, Subscription and SaaS) through the creation and deployment of product marketing programs and sales support tools in a compelling way to make business impact on this position. As Rockwell Automation's software portfolio is transitioning from perpetual to Software as a Service, it becomes imperative to craft a seamless customer experience from engagement to purchase including the post-sale experience. As a key enabler of this value, you will be required to partner with the Commercial Leader, Customer Success and Product Managers to develop compelling messages to demonstrate value of our offerings and increase adoption.
We are looking for someone who will effectively leverage and learn from a diverse set of backgrounds and opinions. The ideal candidate will contribute to a team-oriented environment and the use of open and direct communications, honesty and respect. The candidate will also actively seek knowledge, identify, and pursue career development opportunities.
**Preferred locations are Mayfield Heights OH or Milwaukee WI. We will consider other remote Rockwell US Locations.
What you will do
- Understand the product portfolio strategy and apply marketing best practices to promote customer adoption.
- Work with commercial leader, product managers, customer success managers and sales teams to understand the new software portfolio and help to create messaging and tools needed to drive demand in the market and support our sales teams.
- In partnership with Commercial Leader, develop and execute marketing program plan to drive software transformation
- Create content to support and enable effective change management across impacted audiences
- Lead development and maintenance of software transformation materials including, videos, presentations; literature, infographics, etc. working with MarCom, agencies and designers.
- Partner with Market Access organization to understand channel sales processes and develop targeted materials to support distributor enablement
- Partner with Sales Enablement organization to create sales enablement tools: presentations, winning guides, application briefs, etc. Ensure sales teams have the content needed to have effective software transformation conversations with their customers
- Develop key messaging for events and trade shows. Monitor the market and identify creative opportunities to successfully position Rockwell Automation versus the competition.
- Support ad hoc programs as identified by the business to achieve customer-specific or product-specific objectives.
- Generate and implement innovative ideas and recommendations; encourage and support innovative & diverse thinking, continuous improvement and fact-based risk taking in others.
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent experience on industrial automation domain is required.
- 5+ years B2B product marketing experience required. Industrial or technical marketing experience highly desired
- MBA or equivalent experience is recommended
- Proven experience developing comprehensive marketing strategies and integrated marketing plans.
- Possess an aptitude for industrial automation systems and software and ability to translate engineering content into real benefits.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Marketing literature/video production experience.
- Familiarity with digital marketing best practices.
- Hands-on driver with strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Builds productive working relationships internally and externally.
- Demonstrated history of establishing a strong rapport and trusted advisory relationship with senior management
- ~Lean Six Sigma green is a plus
- Technical fluency and broad understanding of modern manufacturing, automation and industrial information practices is considered a strong plus
- Business strategy development and product business experience also a plus
- Experience in software product management including SaaS
- Knowledge of the industrial automation market
- Knowledge of software development practices, experience in Scrum/Agile preferred
- Knowledge of cloud platforms like AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Strong relationship skills and ability to collaborate effectively with various functional groups and peer business units.
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team to achieve business objectives
- Good verbal and written communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).