Location: Chicago - Illinois
Location: Indianapolis - Indiana
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation is looking for a driven, enthusiastic, and competitive individual to join our growing North America Sales team in one of the key business areas of Rockwell and today's businesses. Focus of this role will be on growing pipeline and revenue of PTC's proven platform for the Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) called ThingWorx and Augmented Reality called Vuforia by prospection and selling efforts. As a sales executive, you will prospect for new customers and sell PTC IoT and AR solutions to current and new customers all while focusing on business to business sales skills. You will work with an extended sales ecosystem on strategy within your specified territory.
- Achieve Rockwell Automation Information Software sales targets, and meet business revenue plans for software solutions using a discipline sales process within targeted accounts.
- Demonstrate the value of IoT offering through your activity (phone calls, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums)
- Prospect into whitespace accounts and feel comfortable targeting senior level decision makers positioning the value of digital transformation, specifically IoT and AR
- Drive the velocity of your opportunities further down the sales cycle and prepare the customer for a meaningful engagement with your dedicated sales rep counterpart and/or broader supporting ecosystem
- Leverage Digital Selling tactics to optimize outbound prospecting (e.g. Linkedin Sales Navigator)
- Challenge yourself to build upon key competencies in preparation for your future career growth at Rockwell Automation
- Ability to manage adversity and consult prospects who may not recognize a need or pain yet
- Investigate and understand the internal business processes of potential clients
- Partner with cross functional groups such as Global Sales & Marketing selling resources, Deal Desk, Customer Success, Channel, and Operations/Enablement to identify areas of success and growth
- Develop and manage an accurate sales forecast and pipeline of PTC IoT and AR Software.
- Provide input into customer proposals and requests for information. Sales is responsible for the proposal. We don't generate it, but ensure its pulled together.
- Assist in the development of project scope and ROI analysis. Utilize value selling techniques to quantify project ROI and structure commercial deals accordingly.
- Provide formal regular status reports to sales management which include forecast, pipeline and activity summary information. Monitor & report revenue and pipeline results weekly via CRM tool for assigned Verticals or Geographies to ensure performance goals are met.
- Develop strong business & financial knowledge of PTC IoT and AR offering and its impact on potential business.
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor or higher in engineering, supply chain, computer science, manufacturing information technology or related discipline preferred; equivalent experience considered
- Software industry experience
- 2+ years related experience in customer facing selling, technology, or consulting roles desirable
Preferred Application Experience:
- PTC Thingworx, PTC Vuforia preferred. Knowledge of IoT and AR are a minimum requirement
- Energetic, Enthusiastic, Motivated Self-Starter
- Excellent Interpersonal, Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Solution and Value Selling/Positioning Skills
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Creativity
- Drive and Strong Desire for Success, Welcomes Challenges
- Action Oriented, Resourceful, Strong at Time Management
- Highly Professional Demeanor, Customer First Mindset
- Demonstrated Capacity and Strong Willingness to Learn and Develop
This is a summary of the position's responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).