Location: Columbus - Ohio
Location: Chicago - Illinois
Location: St Louis - Missouri
Position can be Worked Anywhere in the USA
The IS (Information Software) Technical Consultant provides pre-sales services to both internal and external customers focusing on the implementation and deployment of IS offerings. The primary focus of the position is to support the IS Sales Team in working with our Customers on their Connected Enterprise Journeys in the areas of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and Analytics.
Reporting to the Regional Manager of Information Software, Technical Consultants, this position primarily provides sales support to the Information Solutions Sales Executives primarily within region as well as other key customer engagements from other sales teams.
The role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to interact and influence effectively across all levels of the company. In addition, strong commercial, product/service/solution and application skills are necessary. This position requires moderate to extensive travel primarily within region, but could include opportunities in our other global regions.
- Expertise in technical sales in the pharmaceutical industry is a key requirement. Strong knowledge in the various processes (such as weigh and dispense, recipe management, API, secondary manufacturing, electronic batch records) that are leveraged within the industry. Knowledge of the regulations, GxP, and guidelines required in pharma manufacturing are a must. Experience with competitive products such as Werum is desirable. Expertise with PharmaSuite is preferred.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Respond to RFIs and RFQs
- Work with Rockwell sales representatives on sales strategies, plans and execution
- Present qualitative and quantitative value of the proposed solutions
- Create custom presentations and documents that clearly state customer business problems and Rockwell solutions and benefits
- Communicate with customer IT representatives to understand customer IT infrastructure and policies and to present solutions that fit into customer IT environment
- Provide guidance to customers and implementers on ways to deploy proposed products including alternatives and their costs and benefits
- Work with deployment teams (internal or partners) on deployment strategies and specific proposals as needed
- Prepares technical materials, presentations and tools to improve sales force effectiveness.
- Evaluates products and provides feedback on product features and performance.
- Serves as technical expert for pre-sale customers and internal events.
- Develops product enhancements to be used by various delivery teams in order to either extend existing product functionality and/or to improve development efficiency.
- Serve as RA technical representative to industry associations and standards committees.
- Customer focused attitude.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work.
- Is a self-sufficient knowledge worker.
- Receives guidelines and goals on new assignments and is expected to develop their own plan to achieve these goals.
- Ability to manage an ad-hoc team of individuals in order to meet a project goal.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or other technical field OR a BS/BA in Business or Marketing with technical experience in one or more manufacturing applications such as MES/MOM or PLM.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Software Experience
- Software industry experience
- An MBA or advanced degree in business management or engineering/science is desirable.
- At least 6 years of product experience and application development in the Industrial Automation, MES, ERP, or Enterprise Software fields; and 2-years pre-sales experience.
- In addition, this position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to communicate and work with a variety of people not under direct control in a fast-paced team environment.
- Be able to work effectively and proficiently with the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server (Configuration and development of SQL code)
- Cloud Computing (Microsoft Azure)
- Mobile Platforms and Devices (Windows Mobile, Apple iOS, Android)
- Familiarization with various Microsoft Technologies
- Visual Studio, SQL, SSRS, PowerBI, Office
- Programming experience in Java, C# or C++ or equivalent
- Familiarity with JavaEE technologies
- Has a Continuous Improvement Attitude
- Maintains their SME status in their Industry
- Stays current and be conversant with the latest relevant technologies and competitive offerings
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).