Location: 3000-Central Region Office
Do you want to work in a decentralized organization?Â Do you have a consultative approach to HR?Â Now is your chance to join Waste Connections Inc. and Connect with your Future!
Youâll play a role in strategic planning, execution of initiatives and provide counsel to leaders on complex employee relations matters.
This position will require building relationships with field managers, leadership and other HR professionals across North America.Â The Central Region Office team supports 100 plus districts representing $1 Billion in revenue across multiple states and supporting 3200 + employees.Â Â
As a Waste Connections HR Generalistyou will get to:
- Build relationships with field managers and leaders in the region and serve as a strategic partner of the region leadership team.
- Values based decision making.
- Conduct fact finding investigations, problem solve, influence resolution and mitigate risk through a consultative HR approach.
- Participate in projects and planning that support employee development and success.
- Collaborate with managers, employees and corporate HR to help resolve employee relations issues that arise throughout the employment cycle.
- Analyze data to help drive results (such as turnover numbers, internal & external market data) and make recommendations to management based upon findings and best practices.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding company policies, procedures, programs and other people matters.
- Report to and work directly with the Human Resource Manager.
About you (the ideal candidate)
- 3+years of progressive HR / Employee Relations experience.
- Self-driven project management skills and the ability to manage multiple matters and projects while demonstrating sound judgment, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven success in influencing and serving employees at all levels of the organization through collaboration and communication.
- Ability to travel up to 40% often without advance planning. This could involve overnight travel as well as day trips.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality, even in high stress situations.
- Understands business strategy, financial drivers, and how to align HR plans to meet the goals of the organization.
- Experience in and comfort with HRIS System(s).
- Advanced knowledge of US employment laws.
- Bachelorâs Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field preferred.
- PHR/SPHR preferred.
- Spanish Speaking a plus
Whatâs In It for You?
You will be joining colleagues who embrace a âwork hard, play harderâ culture. Â Our compensation package is competitive and comes with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance and a 100% company match 401(k) retirement plan. Â Youâll also be associating yourself with a company that leads by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans)