The Information Associate (IA) Supervisor is responsible for the performance and functionality of the WYH Call Center and the main site front desk operations, including direct supervision of the IA staff members for those areas. Provides organization-wide support and training for general EHR operation and utilization, and specifically in regards to scheduling, registration and portal usage.
- Perform all Supervisor level personnel functions for respective IA staff including hiring, orienting, training, evaluating, disciplinary actions and terminating.
- Perform all Supervisor level payroll functions for respective IA staff including process time sheets, coordinate time off requests, and ensure adequate coverage.
- Monitor IA functions for completion, accuracy, timeliness as indicated through direct observation, reporting or sample audits of scheduled appointments, registration information and monitored phone calls for training, process improvement and evaluation purposes.
- Work collaboratively with the Patient Accounts Manager to identify payor requirements, incorporating this into training and workflows, and to co-chair the Billing & Registration group.
- Keep current and train staff on changes impacting IA staff functions such as insurance plans, waivers, case assignment, provider status, sliding fee eligibility, cash collection, co-pay requirements, PCP assignments, required documentation, call distribution, messaging and scheduling guidelines.
- In collaboration with the medical practice management team, develop and maintain specific provider templates, ensure accuracy of provider schedules, process provider time off requests, and orient new staff assigned to work in medical department.
- Delegate appropriately to Senior IA and other staff members.
- Provide organization-wide support and training for general EHR operation and utilization, and specifically in regards to scheduling, registration, portal usage or other EHR functionality as identified.
- Work collaboratively with departmental Supervisors and Managers to optimize workflows generically or specific to certain programs.
- Keep current and educated about all programs and services offered at WYH .
- Demonstrates excellence in both internal and external customer service.
- Understands and is able to effectively communicate HIPAA compliance, corporate compliance and client confidentiality.
- Ensures and/or remains in compliance with local, state, and federal regulation, i.e. DHHS HRSA and NYSDOH, and all accreditation standards (e.g. Joint Commission and NCQA-PCMH).
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as defined by the Joint Commission and Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Center.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree. Five years of progressively responsible customer service experience in a health care setting. Two years of supervisory experience; Proficient in electronic medical record environment, specifically practice management; Experience in Microsoft Office applications. Exceptional interpersonal skills including interacting with providers, patients, vendors and colleagues; Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; Multi-task oriented with demonstrated time management, organization and prioritization skills; Knowledge of medical terminology.
Associates Degree with 5 years related supervisory experience; Experience with health information processing; eClinicalWorks or Athena a plus; Bi-lingual skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected statuses.