To maintain the hospital environment in a clean and sanitary condition through disinfecting surfaces and organizing areas in an attractive manner. To present a customer focus and friendly atmosphere.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains all assigned areas by washing furnishings with approved disinfectants, arranging furniture and accessories per established standards.
- Empties, cleans and relines waste receptacles following universal precautions, empty soiled linen hampers and dispose of correctly via linen chute.
- Dusts, sweeps and vacuums assigned areas according to Departmental standards and report all stains.
- Checks and replenishes all disposable supplies daily as needed (e.g. soap, paper towels, toilet tissue) in all assigned areas.
- Cleans and maintains all equipment in a proper working order, reporting to supervisor any need for repairs.
- Ability to Read, follow oral and written instructions.
- A professional mannerism that would have positive outcomes on patients, visitors, staff and coworkers.
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.