No need to go far to change the world – one patient at a time
Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian 1 for New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital to provide inpatient nutrition care. NYP-Queens is a 535 bed, Level 1 Trauma facility in the heart of Queens, NY.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide nutrition care to a variety of inpatient units
- Complete nutrition assessments, reassessments and education
- Have prior knowledge utilizing the Nutrition Care Process and electronic charting
- Be well versed in Nutrition Focus Physical Exam and Malnutrition
- Possess strong communication and customer service skills
- Be a team player and contributor to project development
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Participate in nutrition related community outreach for the hospital
- Be willing to participate in Performance Improvement projects, assist with department performance improvement, participate in patient satisfaction, employee training, and precepting dietetic interns
- Work rotating weekends and holidays
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Registered Dietitian credentials (or eligible for registration before starting);
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Good time management skills be a self-starter and a team player; and
- The ability to work well with physicians, nursing and ancillary staff.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
Responsible for providing direct basic nutrition services
-Provides nutrition care to population served to ensure needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Follows operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..