Entry Helper | Pool
$20.82 / Hour
This recruitment is to establish a Pool of qualified candidates for future Entry Helper positions at Snohomish PUD.
We do not have any vacancies to fill at this time, however, we are creating a Pool of qualified candidates that we can draw from over the course of the next year (12 months) as vacancies occur.
Works as a member of a crew primarily directing traffic. When not flagging and performing traffic control assists Line Crews performing construction, restoration and clean up duties in accordance with safety and construction standards and regulations. Fourth step Entry Helpers require a Class A CDL and drive District equipment to and from job sites.
- High School Diploma of equivalent.
- Valid Washington State Driver License, with a good driving record (immediately).
- Must sign up for District CDL training during third six (6) month period and obtain a Class A CDL.
- Valid current Washington State Traffic Control Card (Flagging Card) – Note: Flagging Card is not required for the testing process, but is required on the first day of employment.
- Obtain valid CPR and First Aid certificates within six (6) months from job start date.
- Successful completion of sequential testing process; applicants must pass each of the preceding steps to be eligible to move to the next step in the testing process:
- Pass Entry Helper written test.
- Pass District Driving test.
- Pass Entry Helper strength test.
- Pass a joint collaborative interview process.
- Pass a criminal background check and driving record check.
- Pass pre-placement physical exam (to be done after verbal job offer).
In addition to a competitive compensation program, Snohomish County PUD #1 offers a comprehensive benefits package. More details can be found at: www.snopud.com/benefitoverview.
Interested individuals should complete the online application no later than January 10, 2021. A full job description is available by clicking Apply Now.
Snohomish County PUD #1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Disabled and Veterans.