Sodexo is seeking a Patient Service Manager for Sharon Regional Health System. This a 251 bed community hospital is located in northwestern Pennsylvania, midway between Pittsburgh, Erie, and Cleveland, Ohio.
Food Ops 1 will assist with management of the Patient Feeding, Catered events as well as Retail (cafeteria).
The ideal candidate will: Be proficient in use of online Food Management Systems for menu/recipe planning, ordering and inventory; Demonstrate proven financial acumen/success: Food costs/ labor costs, budgets. Be a people person with a strong focus with maintaining positive client relations; Be a multi-tasker, organized, innovative and an effective leader who can motivate their staff. Strong employee engagement through developing, mentoring, training and motivating. Customer focused– including providing excellent customer service in a welcoming environment. Ideal candidate will have strong managerial skills and strong catering skills.
Primary Responsibilities include:
Obtains materials from suppliers at the lowest cost with consideration to quality, reliability, and urgency of need
Strong inventory, purchasing financial UFS and POS reports preferred
- Knowledge of pertinent processes and procedures, and familiarity with policies, vendors and specified products/services
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Advanced Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Access capabilities
- responsibility for the patient floor stock program
- controlling cost of purchases
- Keeping inventory organized
- Storerooms and walk ins organized and clean
- organize ordering sheets
- build weekly menu's with chef
- cost out all menu's and requisitions
- assist with high end catering functions
- assist in Retail Outlets
- Assist in vending Program
We are looking for individuals who:
- Has strong communication skills
- Can work collaboratively with a large leadership team
- Can successfully lead the team to achieve great outcomes
- Understands Food Cost
- knowledge of kitchens
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you?
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies