Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
In this leadership position, you will be responsible for working with both business management and engineering management to foster short term and long term plans for the Motion Business. These responsibilities include setting the direction of the global Program Management Office (PMO) for Motion, consisting of program management and project management and will define and maintain process standards by providing a framework to establish standard performance measures based on organizational goals and objectives.
The PMO Director will effectively leverage and learn from a diverse set of technical and business backgrounds and opinions by fostering a team-oriented environment and the use of open and direct communications, honesty and respect.
- Set the direction of the global Motion Program Management Office (PMO), consisting of program management and project management. - Provide leadership and direction working with product management to prioritize development activities and product releases.
- Actively participate of Business Strategy Review, providing strategic inputs and prioritization of activities that impacts the Business results.
- Provide leadership and direction for hardware, embedded software and software engineering organizations to support R&D investments and back office transactions.
- Collaborate across Rockwell Automation Segments and Business Units and ensure adherence to CPD process and HPO tools.
- Lead Portfolio and AOP efforts. Support the VP/GM with coordinating executive meetings and analyzing the overall business performance. - This position requires strong financial acumen and is responsible for working with members of the financial team to generate and deliver yearly and quarterly forecasts for Commercial Expenses.
- Foster a climate of diversity and teamwork, rewarding and recognizing high performance with open, honest communication that supports Rockwell Automation values.
- Performs employee reviews including career development, technical competency assessments, peer assessments and performance improvement plans.
Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge and engagement with Agile practices and is unbiased towards standardization to drive business simplification
- Demonstrates expertise of PMP practices and methodologies and is able to lead team at its standards.
- Possesses an understanding of product portfolios and customer needs - Collaborates with and manages multiple stakeholders including manufacturing, sourcing, internal business units, sales, marketing, third party partners, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required.
We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Minimum of 12 years of engineering design experience including 5 years of project and/or line management experience in leading teams to deliver reliable software designs.
- PMP Certification
- A Masters Degree in Business Management, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience managing development methods such as agile.
- 5+ years of experience working as a part of a global development team.
- 5+ years of experience leading remote & virtual teams.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).