Sodexo has a new opening for an Accounting Analyst in the Accounts Payable department at our Financial Shared Service Center in Cheektowaga, NY.
- Coordinate EDI (electronic data interchange) activities as it relates to vendor invoice approval and processing with units and Sodexo EDI vendors. This will include edit corrections, advising vendors of newly opened units, closed units, coding new vendor products to SAP account numbers, and working with EDI and TMC teams on vendor conversions.
- Work with and lead EDI team on vendor conversions including review and edit of vendor customer and product lists to ensure accurate data mapping, coding vendor product categories to Sodexo SAP general ledger account numbers, and circulating product to SAP account mappings for review.
- Lead or support all vendor e-Pay enablement meetings along with FSI,TMC and Supply Management memners
- Review and edit Market Connection invoice data including edit corrections, reviewing rejected invoices, and monitoring Invoice Summary Report related to invoices not processed timely.
- Provide support to EDI and TMC vendors and units including investigating processing issues, escalating issues to the Market Connection team as needed, and research invoices in the Ariba Supplier Network and The Market Connection.
- Prepare and process HEAT adjustments and office transmittals as needed for EDI vendor data.
- Coordinate the complying of Sodexo Accounts Payable data from the SAP A/P module for various analytical purposes.
- Analyze Sodexo invoice payment activity to ensure Sodexo is minimizing A/P late payable and duplicate payment activity.
- Provide customer service to Sodexo vendors and units to address invoice payment and processing concerns.
- Analyze accounts payable data to identify problem areas and root causes for non-compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Track, analyze and assist in achieving accounts payable department KPI’s and processing turnarounds.
- Research and act on past-due invoices
- Ensure department procedures and process work-flow are documented, updated and applied.
- Write and release journal entries as needed for Accounts Payable processing.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
Has working knowledge and experience in own discipline. Assists in the maintenance of accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization's assets. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports. Continues to build knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Performs a range of mainly straightforward assignments. Uses prescribed guidelines or policies to analyze and resolve problems. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.