Under general supervision of the Recreation Program Specialist, assists in coordinating, conducting and leading youth recreational/athletic activities. Duties also include maintenance of grounds and facilities and equipment. Performs other work as requested.
- Assists children's activities, i.e. after-school, summer program, arts and crafts, swimming programs.
- Maintains equipment inventory necessary for children's programs.
- Performs maintenance on equipment and clean-up duties at facilities as necessary.
NOTE: The examples of essential functions as listed in this class specification are not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function of work does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Required Education, Experience, License, Registration, and Certification Qualifications
- Age 17 or older. Must be a High School senior; or have High school diploma, or GED or other certificate of competency; supplemented by six (6) months experience as a youth counselor in recreational programs desired; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Must meet all current H.R.S. requirements. Must be able to work flexible work shifts.
- Supplemental or Additional Information
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of public recreation programs.
- Knowledge of facility operation, maintenance, equipment and supplies.
- Skill in leading and/or instructing recreational activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials, general public and co-workers.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prepare and maintain written records and reports.
Click to apply!