Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
As the leader in Industrial Automation and Digital Transformation, Rockwell Automation has ambitious growth goals and is embarking on an enterprise transformation that encompasses the products and services it delivers, the business models associated with them, and the technologies and processes through which they are delivered to the market.
To maximize the outcomes of these investments, and in some cases to realize those outcomes in the first place, Rockwell also needs to transform its Demand Generation function and fully unlock the value this function can deliver.
The Director of Demand Generation will be the principle advocate for building a modern demand generation engine at Rockwell and will be responsible for uncovering and utilizing data about customer buying behaviors, needs and goals to inform demand generation strategies, drive alignment, and guide and measure execution.
In this role, your success will depend on your ability to develop deep insights from data and form cooperative relationships within Marketing and across businesses and functions. A key outcome of your success will be the creation of a modern demand generation engine that is a vital contributor of revenue and productivity to the corporation.
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Marketing, you will be a key partner to ensure that the transformation identifies and delivers high-value outcomes for the future of the company.
While this role reports into our Milwaukee, WI corporate office, for the right candidate, we are open to this individual being remote in the US or Europe with occasional travel to both Milwaukee as well as key partners.
Lead and transform our demand generation strategy, planning and execution, collaborating extensively in and out of Marketing. This includes enabling the following shifts:
- Product-led to industry- and solution-led campaigns
- More online vs. offline channels of customer events, engagement
- Modern demand generation for newer offerings e.g., software & SaaS
- New hybrid sales motions across selling channels
While improving current state, develop, sell and execute a longer-term vision, strategy, budget and plan to evolve Rockwell Automation from current state to a world-class B2B demand generation engine, with measurable ROI at each stage of investment and evolution.
Design and execute world class demand gen programs:
- Ensure demand gen programs are compelling, carry a consistent message, amplify the brand and meet revenue targets.
- Define targeted content assets by marketing personas tied to specific customer needs and preferences - C-suite, Managers, Implementers
- Leverage the appropriate demand gen tactics, including on- and off-line events, website, digital marketing, email nurturing programs, direct outreach, and more.
- Own the conceptualization of demand creation, nurturing and predictive scoring strategy (explicit and implicit scoring techniques to prioritize leads for the sales teams)
- Drive Account-based marketing (ABM) activities targeted at our key vertical industry segments to tell compelling and valued stories to the targeted personas
- Institute a structured lead mgmt process across generation, enrichment & qualification
- Systematically monitor and analyze performance against lead and other marketing goals; continually drive Marketing ROI to optimize program and ongoing growth, looking for areas for additional investment in time and money. Ensure proper data management.
- Assume responsibility for highly repeatable demand-related tasks used by all geographies (e.g. telemarketing, translation, data analysis).
- Address weak links in the end-to-end lead management processes, including functions outside Marketing (eg. Sales Enablement, Inside Sales, etc.).
- Coach, develop & recruit talent to build a high-performing team
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, data science, or a related field
- Industry-led, customer focused mindset, in both strategy development and execution
- 5+ years of deep global leadership experience in transforming, building and executing modern industrial B2B demand generation growth/revenue marketing of hardware, software, digital/SaaS offerings to enterprise, medium and small customers in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience developing, selling and executing a multi-year strategy, investment plan and business case to build a modern demand generation engine
- Strong knowledge of the tech stack required for a modern demand generation engine
- Strong understanding of frameworks for building lead generation, demand modeling, multi-touch attribution and analytics. Knows how to model the right volume, while meticulously tracking conversion.
- Intense focus on quantitative analysis and analytics: Insights, Dashboards, Reporting.
- Strong track record of success in designing and activating integrated B2B campaigns leveraging on- & off-line tactics. Including: physical/virtual/hybrid events, webinars, SEO/SEM, website personalization, digital marketing, email, retargeting, targeted social advertising, and cooperative marketing with partners.
- Experience building and improving rigorous performance data environment and desire to test and learn; high A/B testing environment. Advanced Excel and analytical skills required.
- Strong reporting capabilities with the ability to track campaign performance and associated spend down to the most granular details while providing roll-up executive reporting to senior leaders
- Hands-on experience driving demand globally, managing compliance and legal constraints (GDPR and other privacy acts) and navigating different regions, cultures and technologies
- Dynamic thought leader and team builder with a growth mindset who is continuously learning and delivering.
- Integrative and lateral thinker able to transition discussions and problem solving to higher and lower levels of abstraction and detail to achieve the necessary outcomes
- Highly strategic with ability and creativity to think and develop the big picture and winning strategies, while having a strong drive and project management skills to execute and deliver tangible and measurable results.
- Natural collaborator with a preference for working with cross-regional, cross-functional teams to champion the vision and deliver results on tight timelines.
- Strong influencing skills to navigate a complex, matrixed organization to gain the confidence and sponsorship of critical stakeholders.
- Able to drive new concepts and ideas without having direct control, and to constructively challenge peers and executives on their approach and thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective, cohesive and collaborative teams. Outstanding coach, mentor and developer of high-performing teams.
- Master's degree in business, data science, or related area
- Experience in verticals such as Food & Beverage, Home & Personal Care, Life Sciences, Automotive, and Chemicals.
- Experience in a Field Marketing role to understand the dynamics of regional/local teams
- Minimum of 15 years of strategy and marketing experience as well as a successful track record of leadership and global accountability in a matrix organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).