You are a strategic, innovative facilities leader ready to help clients optimize their business!
Sodexo is seeking a Director 3, Facilities Operations to maximize the value of the client’s assets achieving the operational and financial goals and objectives by developing, implementing and executing an overall Strategic Plan for each property and the portfolio. You will be supporting a Pharma Manufacturing company located in La Verne, CA.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Leader with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Lead coordination, delivery and quality assurance of all maintenance services and adherence to the client’s expectations for standards and performance
- Complete understanding of contract obligations by initiating audit & control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are satisfied
- Ensure customer focus within all areas of operational activities and maintenance of effective relationships with key client contacts
- Develop financial plans and specific goals for cost control/reduction and ensure that these goals are met or exceeded
- Provide leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward
- Develop and maintain relationships with facility team leaders driving the operational and strategic goals
- Support effective business communications by providing advice and leadership while making a direct contribution during team meetings, client briefings and monthly reporting
- Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across the portfolio to balance coverage and performance needs with the delivery of service excellence
- Ensure portfolio is staffed by appropriately skilled personnel and teams, taking direct responsibility for the appointment of qualified personnel and an effective succession plan
- Lead and support the IFM organization to develop a proactive approach to:
- Drive a continuous improvement culture throughout the organization
- Monitor sub-contractors performance and manage key contract relationships
- Ensure SLA’s & KPI’s are achieved and aligned with contractual agreements
- Identify and recommend remedial actions and process changes
- Ensure all required policies and procedures are adopted and used on site
- Ensure all work is completed to the highest standards
- Comply with GxP, legislative, environmental, health and safety requirements
- Manage the client's assets in the most profitable and/or cost-effective manner and consistent with the management contract
- Develop and maintain technical proficiency, industry knowledge and communication skills to provide timely information on all property-specific issues as well as keeping the client informed of important developments and trends in the property and facility management industry
- Oversee and ensure the quality of all client reporting by standardizing systems and procedures that assure compliance with Asset Services reporting standards
- Ensure that all matters/issues pertaining to human resources, legal and risk management are coordinated and resolved
- Oversee the budget preparation and development process
- Recruit, manage and train staff to ensure an understanding of standard operating policies and procedures and their role in achieving the Plan by operating the property to meet or exceed our client's objectives
- Develop, mentor and coach staff to achieve organizational sustainability and career growth
- Drive innovation through the development of best practices, operational and service efficiency as well as the identification of industry trends and tools that would contribute to our operational excellence goals
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments;
- strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, safety systems, architectural, landscape and energy management;
- demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding;
- exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills;
- strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building;
- Certified Facilities Manager (CFM) is a plus; and
- a bachelor’s degree in engineering or related fields is preferred.
- Pharma Manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of GXP/GMP process required
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Functions as the leader for multiple core services, in a single account and/or multiple locations within the same contract. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of business that in total is between $5 and $10 million in managed volume.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system to maintain client satisfaction and retention