Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking an experienced RD3 for their Assistant Clinical Nutrition Manager position at New York Presbyterian – Lawrence Hospital. NYP-Lawrence is a 288-bed acute care facility in Bronxville, NY. This position will provide routine clinical nutrition care for patients on medical/surgical units as well as the ICU and also serve as a lead dietitian for the clinical team.
Reporting to the Clinical Nutrition Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Provide exceptional nutrition care to patients on various inpatient units;
- Mentor and educate staff, colleagues, and interns as a lead RD in nutrition support;
- Participate and/or lead process improvement initiatives as well as represent the Nutrition Department on hospital Nutrition Support Committees;
- Work a rotating weekend and holiday schedule;
- Be knowledgeable of the Nutrition Care Process and be well versed in the Nutrition Focused Physical Exam and Malnutrition Identification;
- Participate in nutrition related community outreach for the hospital;
- Efficiently and effectively organize clinical nutrition and patient care responsibilities.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- 3-5 years of inpatient clinical experience as a Registered Dietitian;
- CNSC certification (or willing to obtain within 6 months of employment);
- CDN in NY (or obtained within 1 year of employment);
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong time management skills, be a self-starter and a team player; and
- The ability to work well with physicians, nursing and ancillary staff.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services including those for complex needs.
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., -HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments. .