An exciting opportunity to do what you love, cook and travel!
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for our Corporate Services segment in Jacksonville, Florida. This is an unique opportunity supporting the well-established transportation company CSX! Catering and operations will include daily cafe management, high-end receptions, and the food production for clients on executive travel trips by train. We are seeking a confident culinarian that is extremely organized and is a strong leader, as this site involves direct client contact in a multiple client environment. Excellent communications and client relations skills are a must.
Seeing as this chef will cater for high level executives on multi-day train trips, exceptional organizational and management skills are required. When not on the trains, the Executive Chef will oversee some of the CSX corporate cafe operations in Jacksonville, FL. A flexible schedule is required for train travel trips, and sleeping/working on the train will be required occasionally. Sometimes this chef will need to work weekends. Additionally, this position will manage up to 13 frontline Sodexo employees in the main cafe.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu design, inventory, food cost analysis and food production;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- be able to serve the client's needs by having flexible availability for work and travel;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- an excellence sense of organization;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.