The main responsibility of the WIOA Contractor Liaison and Outreach Coordinator is to coordinate and provide outreach for the workforce development program activities for the Waccamaw Region in accordance with provisions of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act. This position reports to the Workforce Development Director. This position is based out of the Conway SC Works office, but will require travel to work between the 3 SC Works Centers and the COG's main office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with the sub-contractor to ensure that all Adult/DW and Youth Career Specialists at all WIOA service sites are providing a consistent and efficient delivery of program services including program orientation and job readiness training.
- Collaborates with the sub-contractor to provide orientation and training of new career specialists.
- Meets regularly with the sub-contractor program director to discuss case management process, efficacy of eligible training providers, share ideas/resources and the allocation of caseloads to Career Specialists to ensure all participants are covered.
- Maintains current relevant knowledge of regulations, policies and procedures in all areas of program execution and serves as a WIOA program resource and provides guidance on program procedures, documentation and forms.
- Seeks out and participates in outreach opportunities within the local community to promote WIOA services as well as identifies and recruits underserved target populations
- Participates and assists in the development of innovative programs to expand career pipelines for employers who need to fill skilled positions.
- Works with the Data Analyst to regularly review client files to ensure compliance; prepare for program audits and ensure performance measures are met.
- Works with the Data Analyst to perform bi-annual internal monitoring of all sub-contractor programmatic activities and write up any issues or observations found. Work with the sub-contractor to ensure that all findings are addressed.
- Works with the Data Analyst to ensure SCWOS reports are run and given to the sub-contractor so that the Project Director has the appropriate data to ensure their performance is on track.
- Works with WIOA Fiscal Coordinator to review the budget and ensure that fund expenditures are on track with quarterly spending requirements as well as works with Data Analyst to monitor and ensure sub-contractor is on track to meet annual program performance goals negotiated with SCDEW.
- Continually reviews and evaluates all phases of client service process and makes recommendations to WIOA management regarding procedures, policies, staff training and development, procurement of additional resources, equipment, or services.
- Coordinates and facilitates bi-monthly Youth Council meetings.
- Assists in preparation of WIOA monitoring responses to all Federal and State monitoring findings and observations.
- Assists in developing any requests for State WIOA funded grants.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree and 3 years of experience in Workforce Development or human services programs or Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years of experience in Workforce Development or human services programs. Candidates should have substantial WIOA case management experience, a strong background in the working with clients, and the ability interpret and follow WIOA guidelines and program policy and procedures.
WRCOG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.