Individual Giving Officer
Reports to: Development Director
Classical KING FM 98.1 is the public classical station serving Seattle and the Puget Sound Region. Seattle is undergoing tremendous growth thanks to its long history as a hub of innovation. Amazon, Microsoft, Costco and Starbucks (among others) are headquartered here and Facebook, Google, Salesforce and Apple have a major presence in the area. Classical KING FM will leverage the tremendous resources in the region to chart a new course for the station and classical radio. We invite you to be part of our team and live in one of the most beautiful areas of the country.
The station just moved to new studios at Seattle Center and is very close to completing a $6 million capital campaign. It is now embarking on a new ambitious strategic plan in 2021. Over 80% of KING FM’s revenue is provided by philanthropic support from the community and KING FM is seeking an Individual Giving Officer to help raise this support and grow the major gifts program.
The Individual Giving Officer will identify, qualify, engage, cultivate, solicit and steward current and prospective donors in expanding their financial support to Classical KING FM. They will be responsible for meeting an annual revenue target by working with an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects to advance the mission of the organization and assist donors in accomplishing their philanthropic goals.
- Manage a portfolio of 75 to 100 self-qualified major gift prospects and qualify 25 to 50 prospects yearly
- Create an individual goal for each donor in the portfolio and develop, document and implement solicitation strategies for each assigned prospect.
- Identify the donor’s interests and passions and create a donor-centered contact, marketing and communication plan for each donor in their caseload that will purposefully guide donors to make major investments in Classical KING FM and develop relationships to maximize their giving potential over time.
- Work with program staff to secure project information for creating donor offers and reporting on how their gift made a difference
- Perform other work as requested, including monthly reporting to management that accurately reflects caseload activity and performance and detailed tracking of moves management in fundraising database.
Performance will be measured by ability to reach revenue goals and tracking of monthly activity (that includes a combination of touchpoints, purposeful contacts, substantive contacts and new/funded proposals).
- Minimum B.A. or equivalent experience. Fundraising certificate, undergraduate or graduate program, or CFRE a plus.
- Three years minimum of major gifts experience with evidence of growing donors’ giving year-upon-year
- Experience in direct solicitation of five and six figure gifts from individual donors, or equivalent sales experience
- Strong engagement in Classical KING FM’s mission and willingness to invest efforts in its success. We need a high energy self-starter with a can-do attitude. Interest and knowledge of public radio and/or classical music is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; poised manner; ability to exercise discretion and judgement and professionally handle sensitive situations. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Impeccable writing and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with technology and data-driven approach. Raiser’s Edge knowledge a plus.
- Must be willing to work semi-regular evenings and occasional weekends. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and have a valid driver’s license.
- Salary range $75,000-$85,000 depending on qualifications and experience
- We offer compensation and benefits including, medical, vision and dental coverage, Life and LTD, paid vacation, personal and sick time and 401K.
- Position open until fulfilled
Classical KING FM is working actively to diversify its programming, its staff, and its board. Our commitment is real, and we understand that it will take a sustained effort over time. We welcome all candidates with a commitment to these goals. Our statement describing our commitment to diversity, access, equity, and inclusion can be found here: https://www.king.org/about/
Send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources, Classical 98.1, 363 Mercer Street, Ste 200, Seattle WA 98109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org