ENTRY LEVEL SALES POSITION
RECENT COLLEGE GRADS OR APPLICANTS WITH NO SALES EXPERIENCE WELCOMED!
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. For more than 135 years Benjamin Moore has been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and collaboration are fostered and encouraged. Join a company where we look for individuals to sell best-in-class products and deliver unparalleled services, value, and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Job Summary Benjamin Moore & Co. is currently looking for an ambitious and self-motivated individual to join our sales team. You will be accountable for providing a high level of consistent serviceto assigned hardware stores ensuring effective delivery of our products, programs and services, providing continuous education, and selling our value proposition. You will be establishing trusted relationships with a target group of stores via in-person, telephone, electronic and paper communications. The territory coversthe state of Michigan and the candidate can be based anywhere in the state.
This is a great opportunity to begin, or further develop your sales experience with a high-energy team, and become part of an iconic and growing Berkshire Hathaway family brand. Benjamin Moore offers a company car, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits' package designed to attract the very best sales professionals.
- 2+ years' hardware store or big-box knowledge and work experience a plus
- Recent college graduates with no work experience definitely considered as well
- Very strong verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Excellent relationship management and team interaction skills
- Friendly, outgoing, confident and enthusiastic
- Self-starter, committed to the task and independent worker
- Demonstrated superior customer service, training and selling skills
- Experience in training, event marketing and demonstrations
- Ability to develop product, application, program and competitive knowledge
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel and CRM)
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours at a time, occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and physically set up the paint department in stores
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50 percent overnight and work some evenings & weekends
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus in specific territories
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
keywords: hardware, coatings, sales rep, sales representative, service rep, account rep, relationship building, retailers, training, paint.