The Orthopedic clinical research analyst will develop and support a robust orthopedic research, quality and outcomes program that supports the entire service line including the inpatient components, Total Joint Program, Spine Program, Rehabilitation, and the Outpatient Physician Practices.
This individual will take on a variety of research projects related to the practice of orthopedic surgery. Potential topics for research include clinical outcomes; patient reported quality of life outcomes, and health economics. Successful candidates will have a strong background in research design and statistical analysis, and have an educational background in a variety of disciplines including biostatistics, epidemiology, bioinformatics, public health, or a related field.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for planning, directing and evaluating extramural and collaborative research, and advancing individual surgical research within Orthopedic Service Line
- Conducts individual or collaborative research projects within the Orthopedic Service Line
- Conducts research projects leading to data gathering and review, statistical analysis, abstract and manuscript preparation and presentation.
- Identifies sources of funding and contribute to the process of securing funds.
- Writes or contributes to publications or disseminates research findings using other appropriate media.
- Makes presentations at conferences or exhibit work at other appropriate events.
- Contributes to teaching activities of the department.
- Establishes relationships and collaborates with AAMC s Research Institute, and simulation staff.
- Develops research objectives, projects and proposals.
- Monitors outcomes related to the Orthopedic Service Line.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Minimum Education. The minimum level of education for this position includes:
- Master's Level Education
- Preferred: PhD in biostatistics, epidemiology, bioinformatics, public health, or a related field
Required Minimum Experience:
- Word processing and computer proficiency.
- Ability to create reports in both Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- SPSS Advanced Statistics knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements