Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
The Network Engineer is critical path for both transformation and innovation. This tech professional will align with SAFE Agile principles and help Rockwell Automation create best-in-class, on-demand IT Network products and services.
In this role you will:
- Prepare detailed network documentation including logical network diagrams, test plans, configurations, and security standards in Microsoft Visio.
- Mentor and provide training to junior level personnel in technical complexities of assigned work.
- Monitor and analyze network performance and offer support to troubleshoot issues related to a breadth of networking technologies including Cisco routers, switches, Palo Alto firewalls and wireless solutions within the network infrastructure scope.
- Plan and perform new deployments, version upgrades and bug fixes on routers, switches, wireless controllers as per company's standards adhering to suitable and stable versions as per Cisco's recommendations.
- Automate network deployment, monitoring and management procedures by use of automation tools and scripting (including but not limited to Python, Github).
- Promote use of new technologies, interact with vendors and research and test new hardware/software products in labs and present a proactive approach to improve performance, reliability and reduce costs.
- Provide design, implement and offer support to Cisco Data Center technology (Nexus, UCS, ACI, 6500, 9500, etc)
- Manage and support enterprise DDI (DNS/DHCP/IPAM) solution.
- Assist with design of multi-server environments including cloud platforms such as - Azure, AWS (Amazon Web Services), VMware, EHC (Enterprise Hybrid Cloud), NSX (Network Virtualization and Security platform) by developing High-Level network designs (HLDs) and recommend best security practices.
- Develop, standardize, implement, and maintain network topologies and security solutions that suits the requirements of manufacturing processes across all Rockwell Automation's manufacturing plants.
- Design, implement and support key global customers' converged business and manufacturing/industrial networks in parallel with overall business strategies.
- Coordinate design and implementation procedures to deploy industry leading SD-WAN, SD-Access, Stealthwatch, Umbrella infrastructure to provide secure, resilient network platforms across the enterprise.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise, design, implement and ensure delivery and high availability of Rockwell Automation's Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN). Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), Virtual Private Network (VPN), extranets.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Strong familiarity with network automation skills
- .Experience with SD-WAN, SD-Access.
- At least five years of progressive experience in the Network Engineering field.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
- Strong analytical skills; ability to distill information from disparate data sources and the capability to tell the story behind it, as well as recommendations for next steps
- Above all else, we are looking for individuals with diverse backgrounds who: Strong listening, pragmatic feedback, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question partners across functional areas
- Always leave something better than they found it.
- Are motivated to solve problems and have a bias for action.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).