GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF THE COLUMBIA WILLAMETTE
TITLE: E-Commerce Book & Media Clerk EEO#: 5
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: E-Commerce Supervisory Staff
DEPARTMENT: Operations DIVISION: E-Commerce
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for listing books and media for sale and preparing, packing and shipping merchandise.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately list books and media into inventory management software.
- Assign items to correct shelf location in inventory management software.
- Practice quality control by ensuring only quality product is listed; acceptable or better condition, within established guidelines and proper disposition of items.
- Meet or exceed daily productivity goals through the efficient handling of product; processing items quickly and accurately.
- Accurately pull and condense product.
- Accurately package and prepare orders for shipment in accordance with customer expectations.
- Operate equipment in the listing moving and shipping of product.
- Keep work area stocked with supplies.
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Must demonstrate willingness and ability to adhere to all GICW’s policies and procedures, CARF standards, Kaizen guidelines, safety and security regulations.
- Fosters and demonstrates a positive team environment.
- Provides excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Perform miscellaneous duties, as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Intermediate computer skills with a functional knowledge of word processing and how to use e-mail and internet software.
- Must be able to work store operating hours.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be able to function independently in a work setting.
- Must maintain consistent, predictable and satisfactory attendance and punctuality as scheduled.
- Must be able to demonstrate upon request functional literacy and numeric proficiency.
- Must have command of the English language sufficient to verbally communicate with the general public.
- Must not present a significant current risk of substantial harm to self or others in the performance of the essential duties of the job that cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation.
- No record or disclosure of criminal conviction that indicates a tendency toward theft, violence, dishonesty, deceit, drug manufacture or sale, moral turpitude, or predatory behavior or is otherwise in conflict with the functions listed on this job description. This may include passing a state-mandated, federally-conducted criminal background check.
- Must provide proof of identification and eligibility to work in the United States of America.
- Must pass a drug screening test and background check.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must meet GICW quantitative and qualitative performance standards.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
- Works indoors in either a warehouse or store setting. Environment is heated or may be air conditioned, and may include exposure to dust.
- Long periods of mobility and moving merchandise.
- Moderate adaptability required: Work environment occasionally hectic (fast paced) with irregular short deadlines and a limited number of critical or unusual situations.
- DOT Strength Classification – Medium.