Internal Communication Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 5, 2021
Role Number: 200212867
We are currently seeking an Internal Communication Specialist to join our team. This role will work directly with our communication lead and be responsible for building and executing on communication strategies, tactical plans, and large-scale campaigns. We are looking for someone who is creative and super passionate about employee communication, engagement, and experience. This person will be a trusted advisor to our internal partners and help them optimally reach the right audience, with the right message, at the right time, through the right channels. Most meaningful, we are looking for candidates who view employees not as employees, but as our company's first customers-who view themselves as internal marketers, always looking for exciting, novel ways to reach our people, never taking their attention for granted.
- At least 5+ years in employee or internal communications.
- Passion for strengthening corporate culture and productivity, and building community.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership with emphasis on collaboration, proactive, flexible, can-do attitude.
- Strong project and program management skills, with the ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Relentless curiosity and a passion for using storytelling to create experiences.
- Preference for variety over consistency-predictable patterns of repeated activities-in one's workday.
- Ability to cut through ambiguity.
- Aptitude for influencing others and getting people on board with an idea or direction.
Think of IS&T as Apple's nerve center. Our employees design and lead the massive systems that run Apple services, such as Apple Pay and the Apple website, as well as manufacturing, logistics, retail operations, and all our corporate facilities. IS&T also develops and manages our data centers all over the globe. The job of the internal communication team within this corporate function is tasked with advising, addressing, engaging with, and encouraging our diverse group of employees globally. As an internal communication specialist, your charter will be to work with partners in developing and leading large-scale, innovative internal communication campaigns, and to coordinate efforts across our team-from editorial, to design, and more-to keep our people engaged.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree, editorial writing, marketing, or related field preferred.