Apple Media Products - Sr QA Engineer - Sports, TV app
New York City , New York , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 5, 2021
Role Number: 200214252
- 5+ recent years of professional work experience in software QA.
- 3+ years of QA automation experience
- Experience with Apple hardware and native iOS software QA processes.
- Experience with regression, ad hoc, functional, user interface, and integration testing.
- Significant experience with Objective-C, Swift, UIKit, and the iOS or tvOS SDKs
- Candidate should possess the ability to implement automated tests.
- Demonstrate excellent bug reporting skills and the ability to communicate clearly with
- developers and third party providers
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Strong communication skills Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Ready to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent context switching
- Be self-motivated, proactive, and highly collaborative.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong passion for sports
Are you interested in building products used by more than a billion people? What happens when the world's most innovative engineers collaborate with the world's most creative storytellers? TV gets reinvented. On the TV App Services Teams at Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people's lives. Meet the re-inventors: The Apple TV Services teams built and manage the Apple TV app as well as tvOS, which redefined and refined the way people watch sports, and so much more. Today, these teams bring viewers the best sport watching experience by providing access to games from the NBA, NFL, MLB, and many more. And they've engineered it so sports can be enjoyed on mobile Apple devices while on-the-go. To deliver Apple-level quality on a global scale, these engineers employ talent and tools to efficiently ingest, process and display sports data. They also integrate at the OS level to build the best user experiences with the Siri ecosystem. This group is seeking a talented Quality Assurance Engineer to help deliver new, high-quality experiences for our customers. Join them to see what else is possible! In this role, you'll be working with the iOS, iPadOS Platform and UIKit engineering teams to provide compelling sports experiences. You'll help ensure sports data fidelity from the server- side to the UI on-screen. You will be responsible for creating automated tests to detect presubmission regressions. You will also create test plans, develop manual/automated Functional and Performance tests, execute tests, report bugs, and assess overall product quality across Apple's existing and new products.
Education & Experience
BS/BA/MS/MA/PhD degree in any of the STEM majors (Sciences/Physics/Chem/CS/Math/ Engineering)