Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
Position Summary :
Performs the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies. Determines and may develop test specifications, methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings and diagrams. Tests and troubleshoots assemblies and/or final systems. May complete rework on assemblies and/or systems as a result of testing. Prepares technical reports summarizing findings and recommending solutions to technical problems. May assist in the selection and set-up of specialized test equipment.
- This position executes automated electronic product test systems.
- Performs basic evaluation of product performance anomalies, and determines basic failure causal analysis of moderately complex power and digital electronic industrial machinery control components.
- Using automated test systems and basic electronic measurement tools, the position follows documented work instructions and on-line procedures in conducting repetitive tests of similar electronic product.
- The position evaluates unfavorable test results under guidance from a higher level Tester, and makes recommendations for product rework.
- Execute tests and record results in appropriate data bases if results are not automatically recorded.
- Demonstrated understanding and logical approach to analyses and diagnoses techniques.
- Understanding of electrical safety within the workplace
- Demonstrated expertise with Level 1 competencies.
- Prepare product for test using documented and defined equipment set-ups in semi-automated test bays.
- Understands separated power structures within complexity and variation of PCBAs
- Ability to utilize more enhanced electrical troubleshooting tools such as tracers, oscilloscopes, and cap reformer.
- Understand electrical properties of electronic components (IGBT, SCR, Diode, and Capacitor.
- Interpret and understand product fault codes and how codes relate to potential functional or application anomalies
- High School Diploma/GED
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Associates Degree in Electronic Technology
- 1 year related experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).