The Digital Marketing Strategist is responsible for coordinating online customer acquisition and retention strategies through the development of digital marketing plans/campaigns and the implementation of digital marketing tactics that sustain and strengthen marketing strategies for the system. The digital marketing strategist provides comprehensive support and assistance with day-to-day activities, exercising independent judgment and creativity. Essential to the job are a strong understanding of search engine marketing (SEM), display, paid social experience, customer relationship marketing (CRM), and email marketing. Activities take place in all areas of the main campuses, off-site satellites, and at other community venues, as well as online during days and some evenings.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in tandem with Marketing Strategists to develop digital marketing campaigns in support of the health system and business units Annual Operating Plans.
- Coordinates digital marketing activities for the health system including, but not limited to: SEM/PPC, display, email marketing, CRM management, reputation management and paid social experience.
- Analyzes market research, website analytics and engagement data to develop strategic recommendations for improvement and business development.
- Analyzes and assesses the performance of all client campaigns, translating quantitative and qualitative data into actionable insights and recommendations for revising campaign strategy. Prepares performance reports for both clients and internal team leads to assess performance.
- Shares aggregated knowledge with Marketing/Communications team to ensure coordination and to "connect the dots."
- Scopes and analyzes project requirements and develops cost estimates. Recommends and implements projects that fall within service-line budgets.
- Collaborates with internal design staff on creative ideas and design options.
- Supports system's marketing strategy, brand development, and digital strategy through implementation of tactical initiatives.
- Provides project management and evaluation for assigned projects.
- Works collaboratively with marketing department colleagues, communications personnel, and clinical department staff.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in marketing.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, public relations, or related field required.
- Strong understanding of search engine optimization, email marketing, CRM database management and marketing, and social advertising and integration.
- Highly analytical, organized and efficient - ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at one time.
- Solid understanding of online marketing reporting and quantitative analysis.
- Ability to meet deadlines critical.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Enthusiastic, team player, professional, self-starter, serious commitment to hard work.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Cultural competence required.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.