Location: Topeka - Kansas
This position interfaces with customer's engineering, maintenance and storeroom operations and the general employee population. The position entails Reliability Analysis, Database Query Understanding, Strong Computer Capabilities, Thorough Inventory Management Knowledge, Excellent Customer Service Skills and Strong Communication Skills. The Position will manage the component repair program and be leveraged to fulfill emergency expedite services, search for missing cores and assist in Root Cause Analysis. The customer location is Fayetteville, North Carolina.
Function expertise may include but are not limited to the following:
- Failure trend analysis to drive reliability improvement projects
- Responsible for the definition, justification and implementation of storeroom requirements.
- Provides consultative, transactional, and analytical services to the client. This includes, but is not limited to, gathering relevant product data and creating metrics reports and databases that would aid in project status reports.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the storeroom.
- Performs a variety of tasks with limited amount of instructions and pre-established guidelines
- Executing the timely and efficient process of filling parts requisition forms presented by technicians and entering/maintaining parts information associated with the parts requisition through the SAP system
- Assist in component failure root cause analysis
- Able to perform Firmware identification on control assets
- Able to perform battery charging and motor maintenance activities
- Able to maintain orderly and debris-free inventory stock room
- The incumbent must be a self-starter, independent thinker, and able to self-manage time and constraints.
EOE, M/F Disabled, Vet
- Bachelors' degree OR equivalent (5) years of relevant experience
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Overnight travel is required and could be up to 25% of total time
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Associate Engineering or Industrial Technician degree with at least 3-7 years of experience in the field or related area combined with experience in the customer's industry.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- The successful candidate will have intermediate computer proficiency in, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The candidate must act with a sense of urgency; have strong communication skills.
- The candidate must be a highly motivated individual that is able to multitask, have strong data entry skills, excellent organizational skills, great problem solving skills, be very detail-oriented, and work independently as well as with a small team.
- The candidate must be able to stand for at least an eight hour period and lift at least 40 pounds in weight without assistance from others.
- This position requires mobility in an industrial, plant floor environment and is subject to the client's plant safety requirements. Good DMV record is required.
- Various dates/days/times may be required in order to work multiple shifts to cover holidays and vacations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).