Southeastern Virginia Training Center (SEVTC) is looking to hire qualified Food Service Technician II/Cook for its Food Service Department. This position is considered essential personnel at a healthcare facility. SEVTC is an Intermediate Care Facility which serves individuals with ID/DD in a residential setting providing a broad range of medical and nursing care, clinical treatment, habilitation, and community integration opportunities.
The incumbent in this role will:
- Cook and prepare food according to production guidelines and recipes.
- Ensures food is stored at the appropriate temperature for the appropriate length of time, and follow all food safety standards.
- Evaluate food quality and preparedness by tasting.
- Responsible for using correct portions when cutting, preparing, and serving items.
- Responsible for loading and unloading food carts on and off the truck for delivery, with frequent lifting/transporting hot food items.
Please apply online at:
Search for Agency 723, Southeastern Virginia Training Center